The Chinese Lantern Festival is coming to the Pomona Fairplex this November 21st through January 5th! This season, the all new production is themed Blooming Seasons! Read on for more information about the show, and a chance to win a Family 4-Pack of tickets to the festival!
This post is sponsored by the Hanart Chinese Lantern Festival. A SoCal Way of Life received tickets to the festival in exchange for this post. This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. A SoCal Way of Life earns a commission on all qualifying purchases.
What is the Chinese Lantern Festival?
The Chinese Lantern Festival is a magical event that features beautifully handcrafted Chinese lanterns. This festival was inspired by the 2,000 year old art of Chinese lantern making.
The lanterns will amaze and inspire people of all ages. There will be over one thousand lanterns, up to 30 feet high. Some of the items on display will include a 100 yard Ceramic Chinese Dragon and an 85 foot wide lantern arch.
This year will be an all-new theme titled, “Blooming Seasons.” The lanterns will depict the four seasons of nature, along with animals in their corresponding environment. The theme of the lanterns this year are inspired by the four seasons. Guests will journey through nature-inspired lanterns that include exotic flowers, plants, mammals, reptiles, trees, and insects.
Each lantern is made using eco-friendly technology and LED lightbulbs. The lanterns will include musical enhancements, sound effects, and even moving parts!
What else is at the Festival?
Everyone flocks to the Chinese Lantern Festival to see the lanterns. But, did you know that there are other things to do while there?
For instance, you’ll find:
- Live and authentic Chinese folk music concert and traditional dance show
- Folk art souvenir booths
- Holiday displays, including your photo taken with lantern Santa Claus
- Mythical creature rides for children
- Food and concessions
There are a couple of options for purchasing your tickets to the Chinese Lantern Festival.
- Tickets are available at Chinese Lantern Festival website or at the gate from$13-$27
- You can also find tickets for select dates from $10.50 to $16.50 through my Goldstar affiliate link HERE.
Festival dates and times vary depending upon the date.
November 21- December 15, 2019, open Thursdays – Sundays
December 19, 2019 -January 5, 2020, Including Holidays, Open nightly
Gates are open from 5:30pm-10:00pm, Last admission at 9:20 p.m.
Fairplex at Pomona – 1101 W. McKinley Ave., Pomona, CA 91768
Parking costs $12 at the Fairplex grounds. I recommend you bring cash.
Enter our Giveaway!
**Giveaway has ended. Congratulations to Sara McCormick!**
A SoCal Way of Life is hosting a 4-pack ticket giveaway to The Chinese Lantern Festival at Pomona Fairplex!
Here are the Rules:
- You must be 18 or older to win.
- The winner will notified via the email provided.
- The winner MUST RESPOND AND ACCEPT within 24 hours, or we will move on to the next winner.
- The tickets are non-transferable.
- You are agreeing to be signed up on the A SoCal Way of Life email subscriber list when providing your email. Email subscribers receive periodic emails alerting you to the latest posts on our site.
The giveaway will end on November 18th. A winner will be randomly selected and contacted via email.
ENTER THE GIVEAWAY BY CLICKING THROUGH HERE>>> Chinese Lantern Festival Giveaway