Christmas in Color will paint your holidays happy this holiday season! Head to San Dimas through January 1st to experience this fun light show drive thru!
A SoCal received a ticket to attend this event in exchange for our written review. All opinions are honest and my own. This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. A SoCal Way of Life earns a commission from all qualifying purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
What is Christmas in Color?
Christmas in Color is a 100% drive-thru experience. The lights are synchronized to the music that will be playing through the radio station they have you tune to in your car. You will be welcomed by singing elves and snowmen. There are candy canes, bears, and presents…oh my!
Who is Christmas in Color for?
This drive-thru light show is for ALL AGES! In fact, I just might have embarrassed my kids because I was just a little too excited while we were driving through 😉
What makes Christmas in Color Special?
In my opinion, the lights being synchronized to the music playing is what sets Christmas in Color apart from the other light shows. Every holiday experience has it’s own special thing. Christmas in Color’s special thing is having the an animated light show in which the lights flash and change in sync with the music. I would be lying if I didn’t say I squealed with delight when I saw the little elves mouths moving as though they were singing the words in the music 😉
The music itself is super upbeat and puts a smile on your face. The lights being synchronized along with it and in effect animating the music itself is what makes this drive-thru extra fun.
How long did it last?
It took us about 15 minutes from start to finish. However, we came on a Wednesday night for this experience. There were plenty of cars in line, but it was running smoothly.
What does the VIP package contain?
In 2022, the VIP package includes the following:
- Admission to the drive-thru
- 2 Light Sticks
- 2 Light up light bulb necklaces
- A car air freshener
- 4 3D glasses
- 2 reindeer light up noses
If you have a car full of kiddos, you can grab light up items you personally know that your party will enjoy all season on your own. A few ideas I have handpicked are these items below:
Make-A-Wish Foundation Donations
Christmas in Color donates a portion of its proceeds to Make-A-Wish Foundation! When purchasing your ticket, you also have the option to make a donation to Make-A-Wish Foundation. I love that I get to take my family out to celebrate the holidays from the safety of my car while also helping out a great organization.
How can I save some money?
We have a few ideas to save on your visit.
Use the code ERIKA15 for 15% off of your ticket (In case you’re wondering, I’m Erika! 😉 This 15% of promo code is just for followers of A SoCal Way of Life!
Anything else I should know?
There are a few things I’d like you to keep in mind:
- Each ticket is PER CAR. This means you don’t need to buy one ticket for each person attending. Just buy one ticket for your car.
- Double-check your navigation directions. We used Waze and it took us the wrong way. When we arrived, there was a big sign telling us to use Google maps to get to the actual entrance. The website provides directions that state the following: “Directions: Travel North or South on San Dimas Ave and turn South On Puddingstone Dr., then turn Left (west) into Raging Waters Entrance. ***Do Not take Raging Waters Dr. – No access to show from this route.” Don’t stress too much if you are running a little late for your time. You can arrive any time within your 30 minute time increment.
- Take a car with a sunroof! Our girls loved popping through the sunroof, getting fresh air and being fully immersed in the lights and music 😉
- There is no restroom! Be sure to have everyone take care of business before you hop in the car and head out to Christmas in Color 😉
- Where to buy tickets: https://christmasincolor.net/
- Ticket price: $35 per car. Admission with a party pack is $55. Use code ERIKA15 for 15% off!
- Drive-thru dates and times: Every day through January 1st, from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Closed Christmas Day.
- Important rules: No vehicles taller than 10 feet tall. No buses, limos, or trailers allowed.