Snow White Christmas: A Must-See Holiday Tradition!
The Lythgoe Panto “Snow White Christmas” at the Pasadena Civic is a delight for the entire family. Read on to get the some tips, details, and learn why this is a wonderful family holiday present!
A SoCal Way of Life received tickets in exchange for a post and review of the Lythgoe Panto Snow White Christmas show. However, all opinions expressed here are honest and my own.
My family loves, loves, LOVES the Lythgoe Pantos! We discovered this family-friendly live theater experience a few years ago while searching for a holiday present for our girls. We wanted to gift them with an experience instead of random toys that they would forget about months down the line. Let me tell you, the Lythgoe Panto delivers!
I was drawn to the idea of taking the girls to the Lythgoe Panto when I discovered that this live-theater production appeals to the entire family. I could not wait to expose my girls to a live theater experience. You can read more about what a Lythgoe Panto is by reading my previous post: A Snow White Christmas: Ticket Giveaway! However,please note that the giveaway has already closed.
Why my ENTIRE family loves Pantos
- Modern music: My family LOVES music. Part of what draws us to the Lythgoe Panto every year is the integration of modern music into the shows! This year, we heard the cast sing music by Lizzo and Elton John, just to name a few.
- Puns galore: There are so many Dad jokes throughout the show. Honestly, I embarrass my husband with the amount that I laugh at the puns. But let me tell you, all of the adults in the room are laughing throughout the show.
- Classic fairytale with a local flavor: The Lythgoe Panto often makes references to the local area and it definitely keeps the audience engaged. For instance, at one point, the characters talk about heading to the Empire of Inland.
- Star singing power: Michelle Williams (Destiny’s Child and The Masked Singer) is in the show. She played her Wicked Queen part so well, but her singing? Just…WOW!!!
And Garrett Clayton from Teen Beech movie. I don’t want to ruin the surprise, but his solo was just the absolute best!
Photo Credit: Curtis Brown
- Winter Wonderland fun: There are so many activities both before and after the show! All are included with admission 😉
The kids can earn free hot chocolate by completing some fun activities. These activities include doing things like jumping in a bouncy house and taking pictures with Santa. Where do I sign up? 😉 My personal favorite was heading into the lobby and getting the opportunity to see the costumes used in previous Lythgoe Pantos!
- Be loud and proud! The cast actually WANTS the kids to yell boo at the Wicked Queen and cheer when Snow White comes on stage. The characters even talk to the audience during the show asking for their advice. How fun is that?
Tips to make the most of your experience
- Arrive early! We arrived a little after 6:30 p.m. for the 7:00 p.m. show and found that parking was a nightmare. I highly recommend that you arrive in Pasadena early for lunch/dinner, then head out to park 45 minutes before the show. This allows you time to find good parking, walk from the lot, and take full advantage of the Winter Wonderland.
- Winter Wonderland: As I mentioned above, there are all sorts of family friendly winter theme activities before the show and during intermission. You can even meet Santa!
- Have everyone use the restroom BEFORE the show. Trust me on this one. The bathroom lines are crazy at intermission. Besides that, you don’t want to crawl over other people to get out of your row during the show.
- Sit on the orchestra level as close to the stage as you can get! There are two reasons for this:
- 1)You will see cast members up close! There are portions of the show where cast members walk through/past some seat rows. I can tell you that my kids will never forget seeing two of their favorite stars just feet away while singing and walking through the aisle the first time we went. As we saw during opening night, Snow White Christmas also has cast members walk off stage briefly during some parts of the show.
- 2)You get to experience the snow fall! If you can, try to get seats at orchestra level and closer to the stage. Not only will you get a close up view of the cast (although all seats are pretty awesome), you’ll also get to experience the magical snowfall at the end of the show. However, if you can’t get those seats, hang around outside the playhouse right after the show and you’ll get some snowfall then 😉
- Make the night magical with dress: This year, we all dressed in blue, gold, and red colors to complement our visit to the Snow White Christmas Panto. The girls LOVE it.
Dates: December 13 – 22, 2019
Friday, December 13 at 7:00 PM
Saturday, December 14 at 1:00 PM and 5:00PM
Sunday, December 15 at 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM
Thursday, December 19 at 7:00 PM
Friday, December 20 at 7:00 PM
Saturday, December 21 at 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM
Sunday, December 22 at 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM
Please note that there is a “Winter Wonderland” before the show! You’ll want to arrive early to take advantage of the offerings for the Panto 😉
The performance will take place at Pasadena Civic Auditorium.
Address: 300 East Green Street, Pasadena, CA 91101
Ticket Purchase Options:
Option #1: Tickets can be purchased online from The Pasadena Civic Center, with ticket prices starting at $28. Additionally, you can purchase a Golden Ticket for children ages 4 to 12 only for an extra $85 per child. Each child with a Golden ticket will stand on stage with other golden ticket holders while actors are off stage. Each golden ticket holder will have the opportunity to talk on stage and receive a gift bag.
Further information can be obtained by visiting The Pasadena Civic Center website or by calling 626-449-7360.
Option #2: Purchase tickets through my Goldstar affiliate link, where you can get limited ticket dates at a discount. This is an affiliate link where I earn a commission on all qualifying purchases.
You can find these discount tickets at this link>>> A Snow White Christmas Lythgoe Panto
Tickets for Laguna Playhouse Wizard of Oz Panto are available here:
Looking for more holiday ideas?
Solvang Danish Village: Is It Worth It?
Disney On Ice: A Memorable Holiday Gift!
The Nutcracker at The Soraya: Coming Next Week!
Heritage Museum Yuletide Cinemaland: Is It Worth It?