The Fred Hall Show is coming this March 4th through 8th to the Long Beach Convention Center! This is a must attend event for outdoor experience enthusiasts! Read on for more details.
This is a hosted post. A SoCal Way of Life received tickets to this event, and to give away, in exchange for posting information about the show to social media. All opinions are honest and my own. This post also contains Amazon Affiliate links. A SoCal Way of Life earns a commission from qualifying purchases made through these links.
I have an admission to make…I have only ever been camping once. You read that right…ONE TIME in my entire life. It was in a tent, I was warned about bears…yeah, the one time was enough for me! Now, if I had a nice RV to sleep in? That might be different.
However, I absolutely LOVE the outdoors! I love hanging out in the fresh air, taking hikes, and just generally enjoying nature with the family.
Did you know that there is a show just for outdoor enthusiasts? It’s coming to SoCal and it looks like it’s going to be both entertaining and informative!
What is The Fred Hall Show?
The Fred Hall Show is a must for all outdoor, sportfishing, hunting, and boating enthusiasts! A recent press release states that The Fred Hall Show is “California’s Ultimate Outdoor Experience.” In fact, it is the world’s largest consumer fishing show, California’s Largest Trailer Boat Show and Southern California’s finest hunting and fishing travel show.
Now in it’s 74th year, The Fred Hall Show will boast an amazing amount of activities, booths, and seminars.
What is there to do at The Fred Hall Show?
This will be my first time attending the show and it sounds like there is a lot to see and do. Even the kids will have some fun to keep them engaged while there.
Here is a listing of some of what you will find at The Fred Hall Show.
The Long Beach Convention Center will have nearly 1,000 booths both inside and outside the premises. The world’s leading outdoor recreation manufacturers will be displaying 10,000 products during The Fred Hall Show. Here is a list of just some of the booths you will find at the show:
- Rod Builders Depot and Contests, hundreds of fishing tackle manufactures displays and dozens of fishing tackle retail booths
- The largest marine electronics Accessory display seen at any event in the Western United States presented by Johnson-Hicks
- International fishing and hunting travel booths
- Hunter and angler specific vehicles
- Air Gun and Archery Ranges
- Expanded Hunting Section
- Extensive Display of Fishing Apparel for Men and Women
- Ram Trucks Ultimate Air Dogs, Rock Climbing Wall
The Fred Hall Show press release states, “Over 400 seminars will take place during the five days of the show in seven different seminar venues.” Some of the seminars listed on the release include:
- The 805/Okuma Bass Tank, hourly seminars for freshwater bass fishing
- Daiwa Saltwater Fishing Tank, hourly nearshore fishing seminars.
- Accurate Fishing Products presents the Fred Hall Show Main Seminar Stage
There will be hundreds of boats at the show. Among boats on display will be:
- Fishing Boats, Cruisers
- Tow Boats
- Pontoon Boats
- Deck Boats
- High Performance Boats
- Stand up paddleboards
Sure, there will be plenty of booths and fun new toys to look at. However, there is entertainment too! Check out some of the entertainment that will be at The Fred Hall Show:
- Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show presented by OPKIX the world’s smallest, smartest, waterproof wearable cameras
- Custom Rod Depot building contest for all levels with prizes provided top names in the fishing industries.
- Hobie Kayak demonstrations in the Hyatt Lagoon, plus the Hobie Fishing theater
- Compete in the Show Up and Blow contest at the Hobie Theater to win a Hobie Inflatable Kayak
- Deep Blue Dive Pool – leave your clothes on, step into a “dry suit,” and take a SCUBA lesson without getting your clothes wet. Plus, Free dive and SCUBA diving equipment
- The Costa Sporting Chef Café, Scott Leysath will prepare fish and game recipes to share with attendees. He will be joined by Tommy Gomes…The Fishmonger.
Fun for the kids!
Worried that the kids won’t enjoy walking around and checking out products? How about you lure them in with these fun activities? (BTW…yes, that pun was completely on purpose 😉)
- Marine Touch Tanks presented by Dr. Larry Allen, Cal State Northridge Marine Biology Department.
- Captain Rollo’s Kids at Sea contest.
- Kids casting contests
- Mammoth Lakes Kids Fish Free Trout Pond and the Mammoth Lakes Seminar Area
Show Dates and Times:
Wednesday, March 4; Thursday, March 5; & Friday, March 6
1:00PM – 9:00PM
Saturday, March 7
10:00AM – 8:30PM
Sunday, March 8
10:00AM – 7:00PM
The Long Beach Convention Center
300 East Ocean
Long Beach, CA 90802
Adults – $20
Kids 15 and younger accompanied by paid adult FREE
Seniors 62 and older – $18
Military with Valid ID $15 (military discount tickets available at Box Office only)
Those who join the Coastal Conservation Association of California (CCA-CAL ) receive free admission.
Tickets can be purchased in advance at www.FredHall.com or day-of-event at the box office.
For more information, head to www.FredHall.com
Enter to win tickets for your family!
The Fred Hall Show has graciously sponsored this post and provided 4 tickets to giveaway to one lucky winner!
- You must be 18 or older to win.
- The winner will notified via the email provided.
- The winner MUST RESPOND AND ACCEPT within 12 hours, or we will move on to the next winner.
- The tickets are non-transferable.
- By providing your email, you are agreeing to be signed up on the A SoCal Way of Life email subscriber list. This means that you will receive periodic emails alerting you to the latest posts on our site.
The giveaway will end on Monday, March 1, 2020 at 8 p.m. I will randomly select a winner and contact him/her via the email provided to enter.